A day after the Bombay High Court dismissed an appeal and interim application filed by Bollywood actor Sonu Sood against a Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) notice over alleged illegal construction, on Friday, January 22, bollywood actor Sonu Sood moved Supreme Court challenging its order.
Justice Prithviraj Chavan, while dismissing the actor’s appeal and application, said, “Law helps only those who are diligent.
Sood’s lawyer Amogh Singh sought a time of 10 weeks to comply with the notice issued by the BMC in October last year, and requested the high court to direct the civic body to not initiate demolition action.
The court, however, refused and said the actor had ample opportunity in the past and if required, he could approach the civic body.
Sood approached the high court earlier this month challenging an order of a city civil court at Dindoshi that had dismissed his suit against the BMC’s notice issued over the alleged illegal construction carried out by him.
The actor in the interim application had sought an order from the high court restraining the BMC from taking any coercive action against his residential property in Juhu area.
As per the BMC, Sonu Sood had carried out structural changes in the six-storey residential building ‘Shakti Sagar’, and converted it into a hotel without taking requisite permissions.